Looking for security work ?
There are many security jobs in UK that include working as manned guards, management of security, retail security, alarms, and fraud and investigation. But before you apply for jobs such as manned guards, you will need to have the proper qualifications and experience as that is a prerequisite for being employed. There are many institutions that provide proper education and the qualifications are also tailored to meet the exacting requirements of manned guarding etc, which as stated is necessary if you want to become employed in the security field in the United Kingdom.
Some of the qualifications that you will require are to understand the roles as well as responsibilities of what it takes to be a security officer or manned guard and knowing the communications as well as conflict management needs pertaining to manned guard jobs. And, once you have the required qualifications and are ready to begin working as a security officer in the UK you must then have some way of finding employers and so you need to check out various staffing agencies, where you can find everything from single vacancies to the whole works as far as security staffing is concerned.
If you get in touch with a company such as this you will be instantly exposed to thousands of security job openings that cover almost all the different disciplines in security jobs. You can get your CV listed which will then be perused by clients in need of staff and which will see whether your credentials are suitable for the many job openings.
And, there is also the British Security Industry Association that is a trade association pertaining to every kind of job in security in the United Kingdom whose aim is to help companies get the very best as far as security is concerned. Another useful organisation that can help companies looking for security staff in the United Kingdom is the Guild of British Security Officers which does not operate on profit making principals and which gives members an opportunity to view news, employment and career information regarding security jobs in the UK and there is also a discussion forum where members can interact and pick up tips on how to find suitable jobs.
As a job seeker looking for security jobs in the United Kingdom there are a number of organisations that deal with online as well as offline recruitment in this profession and another good source for finding jobs is Bradley CVs that provides the complete services required for hunting down jobs and it also makes CVs that are sure to get you an interview and possible employment. Also, it is also a good place for getting valuable as well as free advice that also includes knowing about proper CVs and covering letter drafting and you can also get valuable tips on succeeding in interviews that are especially geared to the UK market and security in particular and where you can find more than one hundred thousand jobs.
DUTIES OF SECURITY STAFF
The need of security guards is felt in almost every sector these days. People from almost every sphere need protection for their valuable assets. Be it a small or a big business firm, a simple employer, a celebrity or a politician – everyone needs security from threats that may appear any time. Places like museums, airports, nightclubs and other public venues are often subjected to severe threats. Evidently, security professionals are in great demand and such security jobs have certain requirements.
Generally, candidates for these types of security jobs need to fulfil the following requirements:
- A security supervisor needs to have a license issued by a recognised official. In most cases, a high school degree is preferred
- A specialised training in the field of security and protection is necessary
- Computer literacy is an add-on
- A security professional should be prepared for transfers to different places without prior notice
- Must be acquainted with the operation of necessary technological instruments like surveillance camera and certain monitoring devices
- In many cases, possession of travel license is asked for
- Physical fitness is a must have. Strong eye-sight and hearing power is also necessary
- Loyalty is a very important aspect that is looked for in security personnel
While the primary function of security personnel is to keep a strict vigil over people, properties and assets, they are entitled to perform a host of other functions too. Some of these are as follows:
- Must be alert of illegal activities that might take place within the area of operation. Has to handle a threatening situation as and when required
- Must relay expertise to the security staffs whenever a need arises
- Must handle adverse situations with tact
- Must have necessary information in hand so as to call the police, paramedics or fire brigade office at time of emergencies
- Might have to act as a law enforcer in some cases
- Must have the endurance to act immediately when a situation calls for attention
- Must be ready to face whole day shifts whenever required. In such cases they need to retain their focus in spite of the fatigue and stress
- Might have to bear the exposure to potentially dangerous situations and tackle them properly.
For these security jobs, the person might have to undergo rigorous training. The training process usually involves unarmed combat and firearm tactics. They might also be trained in providing escorts to a specific event, crowd screening, searching luggage and analysing risk assessment.
Usually security personnel are of specific types:
- Proprietary: those who are in charge of shopping centres, airports and public hang-outs
- Private Patrol Officers: those who are in charge of vehicle and building security
- Parapolice: those who are engaged in criminal investigations
- Contract-based: those who work for private companies and individuals
People who are looking for a career in this kind of security job field need to know the requirements properly. Licenses like the SIA need to be issued before applying for suitable jobs.